Friday, September 21, 2007

Caution!! Potential Best Album of 2007 Ahead

Back in August, I posted an mp3 from a band that I thought put out one of the best albums of 2006. That band was Band of Horses and that album was Everything All the Time. If you don't have it yet, drop everything you're doing and go buy it. Actually, just break out the credit card, go here, and just order it. You won't regret it. I promise. You can listen to a few of their songs from that album on their myspace page.



The reason I bring this up is that they have a new album coming out October 9 entitled Cease to Begin, and if this album is remotely as good as the last, then it'll challenge for tops of the year. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited about it and you should be too. You can already preorder it at Amazon.com or you could just wait like I probably will.

So, just to get you in the mood, here's the first single off the upcoming album called Is There A Ghost. Its a quick little ditty that easily could've ended up on the last album. Also, I'll throw out one of the older ones. Hope you like them.

Band of Horses - Is There A Ghost
Band of Horses - Part One

RR

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rutledge,

I think you may be right...this is one great album. These guys are fantastic. I know their first album gets a lot of love, but it was a bit mellow for me a few months back when I gave it a spin. Cease to Begin, on the otherhand, is the perfect mix of the RAWK and the mellow. A little country don't hurt either.

Thanks for the rec. My ears salute you.