Friday, August 3, 2007

Its's Indie Time Again

I realize that my past couple of posts have included songs that are very discernibly "not indie rock". Well, just to prove I haven't lost my way and still remember my roots, here's a post totally dedicated to a couple indie rock gems I've been enjoying recently. No more talk, let's get to the music.


You know.....maybe the hot dog's right :(

1. Pela - Lost to the Lonesome: This is from their newest album, Anytown Graffiti. Very quick sound, nice melody. They have a very unique sound, to my untrained ears. I enjoy this album a lot. You can get it here.

2. Sufjan Stevens - Vito's Ordination Song: Have I mentioned that I like Sufjan Stevens yet? Probably only in like the past 10 posts or so. Oh well, here's another. This is off the Greeting from Michigan album. Get it here.

3. The Twilight Sad - Cold Days from the Birdhouse: From their Fourteen Autumns, Fifteen Winters album. You aren't likely to hear anything else like this all year. Get the album here.

4. Band of Horses - The Great Salt Lake: Their album Everything All the Time just might have been one of the best albums out last year. Get it here.

5. Spoon - The Way We Get By: All this Spoon talk, let's go back a couple of years for this one. This is the first Spoon song I ever heard and liked. It's off 2002's Kill the Moonlight. You can buy it here.

Until next time.

RR

No comments: