Sunday, August 5, 2007

Oakley Hall

Neutral colors suits them well, i think.

Hey everyone. Just discovered a new band and was really curious what everyone else thought about them, so I figured I'd post a couple songs seeing if I could get an opinion or two out there. The band's name is Oakley Hall, and the album I have is called Gypsum Strings (buy your copy here). Honestly, the entire album is all over the map. You've got punked out, distortion laced rockers on the same album and bluegrass-inspired banjo jaunts. Its a very eclectic album. Rumor has it the first album, Second Guessing, (both albums are available at eMusic) is more country-folk inspired, but you can still here the folk on this one. Anyways, I'm pretty sure I like what I've heard so far, but wanted some other opinions. lemme here what you got.

Oakley Hall - Confidence Man (this sounds like a song I might post)

Oakley Hall - If I Was in El Dorado (this one actually clocks in at just under 8 min. and sounds like something Gerdon or Kendall might post, maybe its the violin that makes me think that)

Oh well.

RR

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you're right, you're right. I do like the El Dorado song. They're both good though. Nice that they have such range in their music!

Maybe they should try some pastels next.