Saturday, August 25, 2007

Back from Hiatus

And by hiatus....i actually mean Boston. I was lucky enough to make my first trip to Boston this past week, which was also lucky enough to include my first trip to Fenway Park. It was magnificant....the most beautiful baseball park I have ever seen, plus we got to see a Red Sox win and a Big Papi grand slam. But unfortunately, the trip was work related, so there was actually quite a bit of "working" going on and internet access was at a premium.


Beautiful, huh?

So, I apologize for the brief stint of inactivity around here at Radio KGB. But, sometimes work does find a way to get in the way of life.

But I did manage to listen to some tuneage whilst on my trip. See, my birthday also passed by us last week, and my wife surprised me with Wilco's latest CD, Sky Blue Sky (which i have no excuse for not having previously purchased, other than sheer laziness). But it was a pleasant surprise, and I spent the majority of my trip taking it in. You can purchase Wilco here.

I also used the trip to catch up on a few other albums that you've been reading a lot about around here, but I, myself, had never taken the time to purchase. I downloaded both Spoon's Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga (buy here) and The National's Boxer (buy here) and gave them listens. I'm extremely happy to say that none of the three were let downs. They were what I thought they were.

So, with all that being said, I apologize for my lengthy absence here and promise to back into regular posts (some of which may even be worthwhile and inciteful) and maybe even a damn Webcast which i've put off since about April. I'll leave you with a few songs I enjoyed on my trip, which by now you all probably have......

Wilco - Either Way

Spoon - Don't Make Me a Target

The National - Fake Empire

I actually just realized that all three of these are the first songs on their respective albums. Hmm, I promised I listened to the whole albums....I promise i did!!

RR

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All good choices!

The Spoon and The NAtional albums are two of my favorites this year. Both are looking like Top 5 choices for me.