Thursday, August 30, 2007

I hate to say it...


But I've developed my first man crush. Josh Ritter, the singer-songwriter from Idaho via Boston, just released his newest record, The Historical Conquests of Josh Ritter. Just like a few other bands this year (see The National), I was aware of Ritter and liked The Animal Years ok, but I had not really listened to anything else he's done. Well, I took a chance with Conquests and I came away stoked, which led me to his other stuff and hence the man crush. Ritter writes for my mood as of late: A bit somber, sometimes very somber, but also optimistic. For all of our sakes, I've picked some of his more upbeat stuff from his studio discography.

Josh Ritter -- Right Moves from The Historical Conquests of Josh Ritter
Josh Ritter -- Wolves from The Animal Years
Josh Ritter -- Me & Jiggs from The Golden Age of Radio
For California from Hello Starling, go here.

You can buy Ritter's stuff over here.

BK

No comments: