Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Back from Vacation

Hello again, RadioKGB. This is my first post in a couple of weeks and I'd like to apologize for my inactivity. But I just got back from an extremely relaxing vacation to the Atlantic coast, so I'm not too terribly sorry about my absence. That said, however, I would like to talk for a bit about a band I spent most of my time on the beach listening to. That band is a little pop group called Bishop Allen. You can check out their website here. To date, Bishop Allen has released one LP, Charm School, and 12 different EPs (one for each month of 2006). All of these can be purchased either digitally or in some physical sense (i.e. CD) on their website, and the January and February EPs are available from eMusic.


So far what I enjoy the most about Bishop Allen is very simple to understand, they write extremely good pop songs. So, I suppose in Gerdon's mind this makes them equal to The Beatles....HEY-O! I'm just kidding, my friend. In all seriousness though, these are some damn good songs. They've got a new album coming out July 24 called The Broken String, and based on everything I've heard so far, you can bet I'll be picking it up. So, I'm going to post a few songs that I've collected, the first three of which are available free on their website. Nothing complicated here, just some damn good songs.

Bishop Allen - Click Click Click Click (from the upcoming The Broken String)
Bishop Allen - Rain (ditto)
Bishop Allen - Things are What You Make of Them (from Charm School)
Bishop Allen - Butterfly Nets (from their Daytrotter session)

And while I'm at it there's a lot of good stuff available now over at the Daytrotter website, which I previously mentioned in this post. Here's a few examples of what I'm talking about...

The Long Winters - Scared Straight (from their Daytrotter session)
David Bazan (of Pedro the Lion fame) - Harmless Sparks/God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (from his Daytrotter session)

Keep an eye on the site, they've always got new stuff coming in.

RR

No comments: