Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Stroker Ace Strikes Back

If you've read this blog with any consistency, you'll know that The Drive-By Truckers are my favorite band these days. I usually can't go a couple of weeks without posting on the greatness of these guys. Well, thanks to Mr. Gerdon, a recent DBT article was found here at Pitchfork. Patterson unveils a few tasty morsels here, but the most exciting part of it centers on the new album. Let me point out what I love the most:

How’s the record coming?
We spent like five days recording and we’re off to a pretty great start. Wednesday of the first week, we ended up nailing like six songs. [Guitarist Mike] Cooley’s really been writing – he hit kind of prolific streak. He’s usually a two-real-strong-songs-a-year kind of guy. And all the sudden we’re working on this record with like eight new Cooley songs. I’ve always been kind of partial to his songs anyway, so the more the better for me.

If you're unfamiliar with the Stroker Ace, that's too bad because he is one of the best rock and roll song writers in the business today. An album of 8 Cooley songs is the tits. For a preview of what we could hear, check out the following new Cooley song from The DIrt Underneath tour.

DBT -- A Ghost To Most (May 13, 2007)

For some of his past greatness, check out these gems -- two of my favorite songs ever!

DBT -- Gravity's Gone
from A Blessing And A Curse
DBT -- Zip City from July 29, 2004

BK

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

By Pitchfork, I think you mean Paste Magazine. It is fine news though. Truckers keep rockin.

Anonymous said...

Doh, yes I do.