Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Can We Ever Have Too Much Good Folk Music??

Seriously, can we?

I don't think so. A lot of people like folk for a lot of different reasons. I, for one, appreciate the simplicity of it. I'm all for layering songs beyond comprehension at times, Radiohead can be guilty of this. But sometimes all I want is some good, simple folk music. I want to focus on the melody and not get bogged down by a lot of other stuff.

So, with that said, here's something you probably haven't heard.

Here's a fellow playing under the band name Good Times Good Times. I suppose you can find out more about him here. He's recently completed a new album, Glue, from which I'll post a few songs. You can probably buy his album for cheap on his website. I've only got these three, so far, but I've definitely enjoyed what I've heard, you should.

I think he's got quite an ear for melody, which I think is most evident in the song Desire. I hope you all like these songs, I've been playing them for about a week now. Its probably the best artist submission we've received to date. Enjoy.

Good Times Good Times - Desire
Good Times Good Times - Sea Shanty
Good Times Good Times - Summer

RR

No comments: