Friday, November 30, 2007

Song of the Week 2

Back with my second Song of the Week here....doesn't even feel like its been a whole week, though....but the calendar doesn't lie.

So, I listen to my ipod all day at work. Constantly. On mostdays, it is what helps maintain my sanity in the lab. Well, for the past three or four days, you would think its filled with 4 GB of nothing but Modest Mouse, which is most certainly not the case. I know good and well the things on shuffle, but damn ipod.....mix it up a little. I mean, i like modest mouse just as much as the next guy, if not a little more....but shuffle means random. And I suppose playing an overload of Modest Mouse is just as random as occasionally playing it, or not at all....but still....

With that in mind, it only seems fitting to make a MM song the Song of the Week. Congrats mice. Instead of choosing something from the newest album though, how abouts I go back just a little further. I'm going to choose the first song that really made me realize I liked Modest Mouse, "Gravity Rides Everything". This is from their third album, The Moon & Antarctica, which came out back in 2000. Who knows where I first heard it....probably on some stupid commercial or something the way things seem to go these days....i don't remember.

Modest Mouse - Gravity Rides Everything

So, if you already like the song, awesome. Try to give it an extra listen this week. If you haven't heard it, give it a listen. Its easily one of my favorites.

Holla

RR

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my ipod does the same thing! i've got like 11,000+ songs, but it seems to play MM like every other song when in shuffle mode.

MM songs must have some special hack in them.