Sunday, November 4, 2007

More Daytrotter Goodness....

ME: Uhm, Wayne? What do you do if every time you see this one incredible website, you think you're going to hurl?

WAYNE: I say hurl. If you blow chunks and she comes back, she's yours. But if you spew and she bolts, then it was never meant to be.



This is the way I feel everytime I go to the Daytrotter website. Daytrotter is my Garth's Dreamwoman. Well, now they are back with more goodness. This time its Andrew Bird playing with a band called Dianogah. I'll put two songs below, but remember there's always four, so go to the website and get the other two. They're always great. Actually, if you haven't signed up for the Daytrotter email list, you should do so. I didn't realize they had one until like 5 minutes ago, so I'm hoping they'll send me some regular updates on upcoming bands, etc. I think you'll like the two I've posted here, especially the version of Fiery Crash. Its one of my favorite off the last album.

Now, I'm relatively new to the Andrew Bird scene. So, for those a little more well-versed in Andrew Bird-dom what album to you recommend I check out next. I know he's got a couple. I love Armchair Apocrypha, like possibly Top Ten of 2007 love. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

Anyhoo, here's the trackolas:

Andrew Bird (Daytrotter Session) - Fiery Crash
Andrew Bird (Daytrotter Session) - Plasticities

RR

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for these. THis cat opened for WIlco when I saw them a few weeks back and was mesmerizing. I didn't know shit about his music, but it was stunning arrangements and just interesting. Currently loving Armchair Apocrypha, especially the song Mitosis. I know The Mysterious Production of Eggs got a lot of props back in 2006, so I'll probably check it out next.

I usually can't stand whistling, but this guy makes it work.

Anonymous said...

Doh, I mean 2005.

Anonymous said...

Man I am struggling...

Imitosis I mean.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I picked up Armchair a couple months ago on a whim....and I love it.

I'd have to go with Heretics as my favorite. But either way, its just a damn good album all around.

Thanks for the rec. Wasn't sure which of his to hit next.