Monday, April 30, 2007

Wait a second.....is that a washboard??

So, i know you all logged on to RadioKGB today thinking, "Man, i sure hope Ryan finished his new webcast!!" Well, unfortunately, I haven't even started on it. So, to tide you over until I've finished I've decided to give you a quick listen to something I've been listening to for the past week or so.

I'd like to introduce you to Reverend Peyton and his Big Damn Band. Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band consists of two dudes (one of which I would assume is Reverend Peyton) that play guitar and drums and one chick that plays the washboard........wait for it......yes, the washboard.

Not Really That Damn Big



This is quite unlike everything else I've posted about here at RadioKGB and to be perfectly honest I'm surprised myself that I like it. But all the songs are just so toe-tapping good. So, I'm gonna post two songs here, and I think you should give them a listen. And if your toe doesn't start tapping to these songs then you lack either A) a soul or B) toes.


So, let me know what you think. I know yall gots some opinions, so let's hear them.

Wait....what's that? You say you'd like to purchase a Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band CD but you don't know where to go to buy it. Hmm, I understand. Let me see if I can be of some help. Try here and here. See if that helps.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you ain't kidding, that is some toe tappin' shit. As you said, not something I would totally expect from you. How'd you discover these guys?

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are damn catchy tunes. I dig em. The washboard percussion keeps a fine beat. The dude's voice is weird, but adds to it. Pretty sweet pick up man. They're touring in CA now and later in the summer they're gonna be at none other than Madison, IN, fair neighbor to Hanover, IN.

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys like them. Apparently the made an impression at SXSW. I read a report that mentioned them....and luckily enough they were available on emusic. The rest is history....

I'm with you, at first I didn't know what to think of the dudes voice, but I think the more you listen to it, the more you'll dig it.

Holla, oh and Happy Birthday yesterday Gerdster.