Thursday, December 6, 2007

A sniff of the new DBT

How do you know you're pumped for an album to be released? One indication might be listening repeatedly to the 30 second samples of the songs that are available on Amazon.com. That's what I've been doing for the last few minutes as I stumbled across previews for the new Drive By Truckers record, Brighter Than Creation's Dark, due out on January 28th. I am fucking stoked with what I've heard. Alot of these songs seem to have a more relaxed vibe (think Heathens or My Sweet Annette) to them rather than the balls to the wall rock that we are accustom to with DBT. I like it, I gotta say! Anyway, I won't gush anymore over an album I've only heard clips of, but this album will easily be my most anticipated album for early 2008. Of course, if you are impatient, head to the Live Archive and search for DBT shows -- they previewed many of these songs on the Dirt Underneath Tour last summer.

You can take a listen yourself over here.

P.S. Cooley is prominent and is awesome. Thirty second clips are enough to tell me that!

BK

No comments: