Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Instrumental Interlude

One of the many reasons you should be watching Friday Night Lights.

In between the year end posts and mixes, I wanted to present some instrumental illness. One of my favorite shows is Friday Night Lights and at the end of last week's episode, there was a sweet little instrumental that was perfect for the scenes that were playing out. I spent hours on Saturday looking for that instrumental and finally, on Sunday morning, I found it. The instrumental is Camera Obscura's Arrangements of Shapes and Space [buy here]. It is just one of many examples of how FNL uses music to accentuate the actions and emotions of a scene. Below are a couple of other instrumentals that I like.

Uncle Tupelo -- Sandusky
[Buy UT here]

Sun Kil Moon -- Si Paloma
[Buy SKM here]

BK

No comments: