Friday, May 30, 2008

Gordon and I went and done it, thanks to a little help from Gerdon..


That's right fuckers, Gordon and I went and done it. I almost hate to give Gerdon credit but I have to. See, Gerdon got 'hold of me the other day to tell me that Mark Kozelek of Sun Kil Moon and Red House Painters fame is playing in Louisville. On a Saturday night. For $15 bucks.

Damn, pure robbery.

We got our tickets and are making the short drive down I-71 to Louisville. I can't remember being so excited for a show. Kozelek is an enigma wrapped in an enigma...a cat I was sure I would never see live.

But here he is...close to home and on the heels of his new album April. A fantastic album from one of the most underrated artists going today. Don't be a chump...if you think it's too mellow or depressing or too long the first time around...listen a few more times. You'll come around.

Check this stuff out...first from April then a "new" version from SKM's classic, Ghosts of the Great Highway.

SKM Tonight in Bilbao
SKM Carry Me Ohio (jam version)!

BK

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'll be at the philly show. if you can post a setlist, or some preview of this amazing show, i'd appreciate it!

Dilip said...

Dude, how did you come over that version of Carry me Ohio? Dont tell me you have the Nights LP? I have serious issues ordering it to where i live... Please sent me more "not so common" Kozelek songs on my email if you have the time. Have a good one!

Anonymous said...

You lucky bastard. I'm definitely enjoying April these days and Tiny Cities is growing on me as well. Call me a fan.

Anonymous said...

DEOW留学センターは手数料無料で貴方の留学を完全サポート! 千葉 不動産なら神奈川県の不動産会社シティネット。不動産 東京はお任せ下さい!マンスリーマンションを初めて借りる方へ蒙古火鍋 しゃぶしゃぶ 食べ放題 銀座